of our online store
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (even when you are no longer a customer). Nothing about your accounts nor your name and address will be disclosed to anyone, other than in four exceptional cases permitted by law. These are:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so;
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose;
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interest;
(This will not be used as a reason for disclosing information about you or your accounts, including your name and address, to anyone else for marketing purposes.)
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
(This can be either as a result of an application for a product or by signing an explicit declaration as part of the application. Consent does not need to be in writing if the service is provided over the telephone.)
- From time to time we will employ agents and sub-contractors to process information on our behalf. The same duty of confidentiality and security will apply to our agents and sub-contractors and all processing will only be carried out under our instruction and will be supported by written contract.
II. Using Your Personal Information
- Providing the service for which you have applied
- Your details will be used in providing the service you applied for and for the ongoing administration of the service we provide.
III. Keeping you Informed
There may be times when we feel that a service or product offered by us or a selected third party may benefit you. We may use information we obtain from your account transactions, in this decision-making process. To make you aware of the service or product we may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other reasonable method to give you further details, so that you can make an informed choice. You are, of course, under no obligation to apply for any of the services or products offered. If you prefer not to receive any of this information, please write to us at email@example.com.
The information collected by cookies enables us to understand the use of our site, including the number of visitors we have, the pages viewed per session, time exposed to particular pages etc. This in turn helps us to provide you with a better experience, since we can evaluate the level of interest in the content of our website and tailor it accordingly.
Cookies are used to store small amounts of information on your computer, which allows certain information from your web browser to be collected.
V. Research & Statistical Analysis
We may use your details to assist us in understanding individual needs and business trends in order to improve the products and services we offer.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service.
VII. Sensitive Data
Certain information collected may be classified as sensitive and we can only use such data where we have your explicit consent. This data relates to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, criminal proceedings and offences and will only be processed in order to provide the service requested.
VIII. The Details We Hold
These uses of your personal information are covered by our notification under the General Data Protection Regulation. Under the terms of the regulation, you have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you. There is no charge for this.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 1 year or more for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
If you have any questions or concerns on the use of your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.